How to setup SCIM with OneLogin
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches by automatically syncing employee entries with users from OneLogin. Setup your integration in only a few steps:
1) Log in to your OneLogin account and click on "Applications", then on "Add App"
2) Search for "SCIM Provisioner with SAML (SCIM v2 Core)" and select it
3) Give it a name (like BlueTally SCIM), upload icons (click here for the rectangular icon, click here for the square icon) and click "Save". You might get an error notification after this, but you can safely ignore it
4) Click on "Parameters" in the left menu bar
5) Click on the "+" to add a new parameter
6) Enter "name" in Field Name and click "Save"
7) Then search for "Name" in the Value dropdown, select it and click "Save"
8) Do the same for "title"
9) Do the same for "Title"
10) Do the same for "department"
11) Do the same for "Department"
12) Click on "Save" in the top right corner
13) Click on "Configuration" in the left menu bar
14) Copy the "Endpoint URL" and the "Secret Token" from your BlueTally account settings, and paste them into the "SCIM Base URL" and the "SCIM Bearer Token" fields
15) Scroll down and paste this into the "SCIM JSON Template" field
16) Scroll back up again and click on "Enable"
17) Click on "Save" in the top right corner
18) Click on "Provisioning" in the left menu bar
19) Check the "Enable Provisioning" checkbox, un-check the "Create user", "Delete user" and "Update user" fields, change the deletion dropdown value to "Suspend" and click "Save"
20) Click on "Users" in the top menu bar and then select a user that you would like to add to the app
21) Click on "Applications"
22) Click on the "+"
23) Select the app you just made (BlueTally SCIM) and click "Continue"
24) Click "Save"
25) You can now see that the user has been provisioned and added to the app. Repeat this process (Step 20-25) for all the groups or users you'd like to add to the app as employees
That's it! The synchronization will take place approx. every 40 minutes. Any changes you do to users in OneLogin will then be overwritten in BlueTally.
If you'd like to sync the employee's department into BlueTally as well, you can enable the Set employee department info from Identity Provider option in your BlueTally account settings under SCIM 2.0.
If you remove a user from OneLogin, they are marked as "Archived" in BlueTally, but not deleted - as they might still have assets checked out to them, and it might be useful to still keep their history.
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also setup SSO with OneLogin,receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, integrate BlueTally with Intune, or into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.