How to setup the Intune Asset Management Integration with BlueTally
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches by automatically adding devices from Intune into the app as assets. Setup your integration in only 18 steps:
1) Log in to your Azure account and search for "App registrations"
2) Click on "New registrations"
3) Give the app a name (like BlueTally Intune), select the first Supported account type and click Register
4) Click on "API permissions" in the left menu bar
5) Click on "Add a permission" and then "Microsoft Graph"
6) Click on "Application permissions"
7) Search "DeviceManagementManagedDevices" (case sensitive), and then tick the DeviceManagementManagedDevices.ReadAll option and click "Add permissions"
8) Do the same for "Device.read.all" (case sensitive)
9) Do the same for "Directory.Read.All" (case sensitive)
10) Click on the dots all the way on the right side of the User.Read permission, then click on "Remove permission"
11) Click on "Grant admin consent for Default Directory" and "Yes" in the confirmation
12) Click on "Certificates & secrets" in the left menu bar
13) Click on "New client secret", give it a name (like BlueTally Key), set the expiration to "24 months" and click "Add"
14) Copy the "Value" and note it down for later
15) Click on Overview in the left menu bar
16) Copy the "Application (client) ID" and note it down for later
17) Click on "Endpoints" and then copy the "OAuth 2.0 token endpoint (v2)" and note it down for later
18) Open the Settings in your BlueTally account and paste in the values that you noted down earlier. Then, select what type of devices you'd like to get from Intune (Company, Personal or Both), which fields in Intune you'd like to map to the Asset ID and Asset Name in BlueTally, if you'd like to automatically checkout assets to the employee the device is assigned to in Intune and if you'd like to merge data from Intune with existing assets you've added to the app.
In order to automatically checkout the assets to employees, they have to already be added as an Employee in the app. We recommend setting up our Active Directory integration before clicking Enable.
If you enable the Merge option, assets added to BlueTally with the same "Asset ID" as the "Device Name" (or the field you set in "Map Asset ID to") of a device in Intune, will have the fields "Asset Name" and "Serial Number" overwritten in BlueTally. That way, you can keep the full history of assets you already added to BlueTally, while getting the most important details from Intune.
That's it! It will take around ~10 minutes for the first transfer to complete.
All new devices added to Intune will automatically be added as an Asset in BlueTally, and if automatic checkout has been enabled, they'll be automatically checked out to their assigned user in Intune as well. If the device wasn't assigned to anyone in Intune at the time of first sync, it will be automatically checked out once it's been assigned a user in Intune.
If an asset is already in the app with the same Asset ID as a device in Intune, it will be skipped (unless you enable the Merge option).
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also setup SSO with Azure AD, receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, or integrate BlueTally into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.