How to setup SCIM with Okta
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches by automatically syncing employee entries with users from Okta. Setup your integration in only 11 steps:
1) Log in to your Okta account and click on "Applications", then on "Applications"
2) Click on "Browse App Catalog"
3) Search for "SCIM 2.0" and select the option "SCIM 2.0 Test App (OAuth Bearer Token)"
4) Click on "Add"
5) Enter a name for the application (such as 'BlueTally SCIM'), make sure all the options are unchecked and click "Next"
6) Select "Secure Web Authentication" and "User sets username and password", leave all other fields untouched, scroll down and click "Done"
7) In the app, click on the "Provisioning" tab, then click on "Configure API Integration"
8) Check the "Enable API Integration" box, then then enter the Tenant URL and Secret Token from your BlueTally account settings. Then click on "Test API Credentials" and "Save"
9) Now click on "Edit"
10) Check the "Create Users", "Update User Attributes" and "Deactivate Users" boxes, then click on "Save"
11) Now go to the "Assignments" tab, click "Assign" and "Assign to People" to select all the Okta users you want to synchronize as Employees to BlueTally
That's it! The synchronization will take place approx. every 40 minutes. Any changes you do to users in Okta will then be overwritten in BlueTally.
If you'd like to sync the employee's department into BlueTally as well, you can enable the Set employee department info from Identity Provider option in your BlueTally account settings under SCIM 2.0.
If you remove a user from Okta, they are marked as "Archived" in BlueTally, but not deleted - as they might still have assets checked out to them, and it might be useful to still keep their history.
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also setup SSO with Okta,receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, integrate BlueTally with Intune, or into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.