How to setup SSO with Okta
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches with our Single Sign-on integration with Okta that lets your team members log in and use the app without the need to manually create accounts and new passwords.
1) Log in to your Okta account and click on "Applications", then on "Applications"
2) Click on "Create App Integration"
3) Select "SAML 2.0"
4) Enter a name for the application (such as 'BlueTally SAML SSO'), upload our App Icon and click "Next"
5) Enter "https://CUSTOMLINK.bluetallyapp.com/users/auth/saml_CUSTOMLINK/callback" in the Single sign on URL field,
"https://CUSTOMLINK.bluetallyapp.com/users/auth/saml_CUSTOMLINK/metadata" in the Audience URI field,
"https://CUSTOMLINK.bluetallyapp.com/" in the Default RelayState and scroll down
(replace CUSTOMLINK with the custom link you want to use to log into the app with)
If your custom link contains a "-", please replace it with a "_" in the last CUSTOMLINK in the Single sign on URL and Audience URI fields, for example: "https://my-custom-link.bluetallyapp.com/users/auth/saml_my_custom_link/callback"
6) Change the Application Username to "Email" and scroll down
7) Add an attribute with the name "first_name" and value "user.firstName", another attribute with the name "last_name" and value "user.lastName" and scroll down
8) Click on "Next"
9) Select the first option, and scroll to the bottom of the page
10) Click on "Finish"
11) Now, scroll down on the page until you see "SAML Signing Certificates", download the "SHA-2" certificate and click on "View SAML setup instructions"
12) Copy the "Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL" and note it down for later.
13) Go to your BlueTally account settings and enter the "CUSTOMLINK" you decided on earlier, paste in the "Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL", upload the certificate and decide on which role you'd like new users to have by default.
That's it! Once you upload these details into your account settings, we'll complete the setup on our end - this usually takes less than 1 hour. You'll receive an email when everything is ready.
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, integrate BlueTally with Intune, or into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.