How to setup SSO with Google Workspace
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches with our Single Sign-on integration with Google Workspace that lets your team members log in and use the app without the need to manually create accounts and new passwords.
1) Log into your Google Workspace admin account, click on "Apps" in the left menu bar and and then click on "Web and mobile apps"
2) Click on "Add app", then on "Add custom SAML app"
3) Give it a name (like BlueTally), upload the icon (click here to download it) and click "Save"
4) Copy the "SSO URL" and note it down for later, and then download the certificate
5) Enter "https://CUSTOMLINK.bluetallyapp.com/users/auth/saml_CUSTOMLINK/callback" in the ACS URL field, and "https://bluetallyapp.com" in the Entity ID field and scroll down (replace CUSTOMLINK with the custom link you want to use to log into the app with)
If your custom link contains a "-", please replace it with a "_" in the last CUSTOMLINK in the ACS URL field, for example: "https://my-custom-link.bluetallyapp.com/users/auth/saml_my_custom_link/callback"
6) Select "EMAIL" as the Name ID format, set the Name ID to "Basic Information > Primary email" and click "Continue"
7) Add two mappings, the first one mapping Google Directory attribute "First Name" to App attribute "first_name", and the second one to "Last Name" to "last_name", and scroll down
8) Click on "Finish"
9) Now that the app has been created successfully, click on "User access" and define which users you'd like to be able to login to the app
10) Go to your BlueTally account settings and enter the "CUSTOMLINK" you decided on earlier, paste in the "SSO URL", upload the certificate and decide on which role you'd like new users to have by default.
That's it! Once you upload these details into your account settings, we'll complete the setup on our end - this usually takes less than 1 hour. You'll receive an email when everything is ready.
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, integrate BlueTally with Intune, or into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.