How to setup the Kandji Asset Management Integration with BlueTally
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches by automatically adding devices from Kandji into the app as assets. Setup your integration in only 8 steps:
1) Log in to your Kandji account and click on "Settings"
2) Click on "Access"
3) Copy your organization's API URL, note it down for later and click on "Add Token"
4) Give the API Token a name (like "BlueTally") and click on "Create"
5) Click on "Copy Token", note it down for later, tick the confirmation checkbox and click on "Next"
6) Click on "Configure"
7) Scroll down to the Device Information section, tick the "Device list" checkbox and click on "Save"
8) Open the Settings in your BlueTally account and paste in the values that you noted down earlier. (Make sure that the API URL ends with a "/", eg. "https://myaccount.clients.us-1.kandji.io/api/v1/")
Then, select which fields in Kandji you'd like to map to the Asset ID and Asset Name in BlueTally, if you'd like to automatically checkout assets to the employee the device is assigned to in Kandji, if you'd like to merge data from Kandji with existing assets you've added to the app and if you'd like to automatically change the assigned user of a device in BlueTally when it's changed in Kandji.
In order to automatically checkout the assets to employees, they have to already be added as an Employee in the app. We recommend setting up our Active Directory integration before clicking Enable.
If you enable the Merge option, assets added to BlueTally with the same "Asset ID" as the "Device Name" (or the field you set in "Map Asset ID to") of a device in Kandji, will have the fields "Asset Name" and "Serial Number" overwritten in BlueTally. That way, you can keep the full history of assets you already added to BlueTally, while getting the most important details from Kandji.
That's it! It will take around ~10 minutes for the first transfer to complete.
All new devices added to Kandji will automatically be added as an Asset in BlueTally, and if automatic checkout has been enabled, they'll be automatically checked out to their assigned user in Kandji as well. If the device wasn't assigned to anyone in Kandji at the time of first sync, it will be automatically checked out once it's been assigned a user in Kandji.
If an asset is already in the app with the same Asset ID as a device in Kandji, it will be skipped (unless you enable the Merge option).
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also setup SSO with Azure AD, receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, or integrate BlueTally into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.