How to setup the Jamf Pro Asset Management Integration with BlueTally
BlueTally lets you save time and headaches by automatically adding devices and computers from Jamf Pro into the app as assets. Setup your integration in only 10 steps:
1) Log in to your Jamf Pro account and click on "Users"
2) Click on "Management Settings"
3) Click on "System Settings", then on "Jamf Pro User Accounts & Groups"
4) Click on "New"
5) Click on "Create Standard Account" and then on "Next"
6) Give the new user a username and a strong password, then click on "Save". After that, click on "Privileges"
7) Click on "Edit"
8) Check the "Read" permission box for Computers and scroll down
9) Check the "Read" permission box for Mobile Devices and click on "Save"
10) Open the Settings in your BlueTally account and enter the username and password to the new account you just made, and the server name of your Jamf Pro Instance (servername.jamfcloud.com, only enter the servername.)
Then, select what type of devices you'd like to get from Jamf Pro (Company, Personal or Both), if you'd only like to get devices from certain departments, which fields in Jamf Pro you'd like to map to the Asset ID and Asset Name in BlueTally, if you'd like to automatically checkout assets to the employee the device is assigned to in Jamf Pro and if you'd like to merge data from Jamf Pro with existing assets you've added to the app.
In order to automatically checkout the assets to employees, they have to already be added as an Employee in the app. We recommend setting up our Active Directory integration before clicking Enable.
If you enable the Merge option, assets added to BlueTally with the same "Asset ID" as the "Device Name" (or the field you set in "Map Asset ID to") of a device in Jamf Pro, will have the fields "Asset Name" and "Serial Number" overwritten in BlueTally. That way, you can keep the full history of assets you already added to BlueTally, while getting the most important details from Jamf Pro.
That's it! It will take around ~10 minutes for the first transfer to complete.
All new devices added to Jamf Pro will automatically be added as an Asset in BlueTally, and if automatic checkout has been enabled, they'll be automatically checked out to their assigned user in Jamf Pro as well. If the device wasn't assigned to anyone in Jamf Pro at the time of first sync, it will be automatically checked out once it's been assigned a user in Jamf Pro.
If an asset is already in the app with the same Asset ID as a device in Jamf Pro, it will be skipped (unless you enable the Merge option).
If you have any questions regarding this integration, send us an email to [email protected] and we'll assist you with your setup!
You can also setup our Intune Integration, receive notifications directly to Microsoft Teams and Slack, or integrate BlueTally into your existing workflows by using our powerful API.